Friday 27 January 2012

Damage

If it hurts when you do this, stop doing this.  If it's painful to do that, don't do that.

But who listens to doctors when this is what you love or that is what makes you happy?  There must be some other answer.  Can't I do this a bit more gently, maybe?  Or maybe I'll cut down on the amount of that that I do.

I'll go out dancing, but I'll only dance a few tandas.  I'll come home early.  I'll watch and listen when normally I'd be out on the floor.

And then, thankfully, you come up with a logical answer that means you can carry on without changing any behaviour at all: It must be painful only because I'm doing it wrong.  I'll practice more.

You rub your foot or your knee or your back or your shoulder or your neck and wince, happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment