Friday 27 April 2012

One (1)

One doesn't step into the line of dance without looking where one's going.
I sometimes step into the line of dance without looking where I'm going.

One always uses the mirada and the cabeceo to invite someone to dance
Though if she won't look in my direction I might have to go up and ask.
"The cabeceo wasn't working..."
She'll smile politely.

One is infinitely patient with one's partner, and convinces her she can do no wrong
On the other hand, I sometimes get cross with myself.
However, I have so far resisted the urge to tut.
So at least I've done the least I could do.



We often talk about what one could, should, or must do in a given situation.

One is obviously better than I am.

'One' is a gender-neutral, third-person singular pronoun.  'One' is generally someone else.

1 comment:

  1. The cabeceo always works; one has to be patient.

    I have thoroughly enjoyed the countdown from 26 to 1.

    ReplyDelete