Saturday 4 February 2012

Kinks

Everyone has their kinkiness.  To dance with someone who doesn't, is like dancing with an airbrushed model.  It can be beautiful, but it won't feel real.  It's rare to dance with anyone utterly kinkless, for which I'm grateful.  I think those that achieve kinklessness are those who have pursued some goal of technical excellence and have sacrificed their own dancing personalities to it.

Some go the other way, of course.  Too much kink, too little technique.  When that happens, you just have to hang on for the ride.  It can be fun.  It can be a nightmare.  It's not tango though.

The right amount of kinkiness?  Different for everyone, I'm sure.  For me, the right amount is just enough to make me smile or chuckle or gasp in surprise.  The perfect amount is when that happens between the two of you.  If the watchers (and the judges and juries) know what the joke is, the joke's too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment