Tuesday 8 May 2012

...buscando de olvidar...

It's an expression of empathy, this dance.  Empathy to the nth degree.  We look to lose ourselves in the moment, in our partner, in the music.  This is desirable, to me.  But we have to do it because we want to communicate, not because we want to run and hide from ourselves.  While we're giving our all to our partner, he or she is likely to be doing the same for us.  And if we're not there anymore, how can they do that?

We have to be present for our partner, not absently dreaming the dream.  I think that resolving this contradiction is why people end up talking about having one body with four legs during the dance.  Somehow our thoughts synchronise, they don't stop.  I'm starting to feel this.  I've had a taste of it.  I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment